Tour Terms & Conditions
Old Pulteney Distillery Tours T&C’s
1) Once full payment is made you will be automatically allocated a place/places on your chosen tour and a booking confirmation will be emailed to you. This email is your ticket. You can either print this booking receipt or show this booking receipt to the guide on your smartphone screen when you arrive.
2) We accept no responsibility for the incorrect inputting of an email address on our booking form. If your automatically generated ticket does not arrive via email soon or at all, then please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, we can check the email address and resend the ticket(s).
3) Age of participants: minimum age of participants on tour is 12 years of age, however under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult. In addition to this, if you are lucky enough to look under 25 you will be asked to prove that you are aged 18 or over before the tour commences and/if you buy alcohol. If you are under 18 you are committing an offence if you attempt to buy alcohol.
4) Once you begin your tour, you are deemed to have accepted all of the terms and conditions outlined in this policy document.
5) It is the responsibility of the customer, to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of the booking confirmation email.
6) As per the booking confirmation email, all customers must arrive at the distillery visitor centre at least 15 minutes before the tour is due to start.
Postponement, Cancellation and Refunds Policy
1) If you need to postpone or cancel the booking, please do so by calling us on +44 (0)1955 602371 during opening hours.
2) A full refund will be issued for cancellations made up to 72 hours before tour date. You are entitled to a full refund if you give us notification, via email, of your wish to cancel your tickets up to 72 hours before your tour begins.
3) If you wish to change your tour to another date (subject to availability) if you notified us via email up to 72 hours before the start of the tour. Postponement to specific dates is, of course, subject to the availability of places on your preferred date.
4) If you are late arriving for the tour, or if you miss the tour entirely because you are a no-show, you will be fully charged for the tickets that you purchased, as you have not given us at least 72 hours’ notice of your cancellation.
Changes by us
1) We reserve the discretionary right to change our standard itineraries at any time. As professionals, we will endeavour to avoid this and if this is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable value.
2) We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of the Pulteney Distillery Visitor Centre Tour. This includes dangerous conditions, outbreaks of contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes, political protests, social disorder or disruptive political unrest.
3) We reserve the right to decrease the price of our tours at any time.
4) We reserve the right to print and distribute amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
Your Obligations and Responsibilities
1) It is your responsibility to inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your tour commences.
2) During your tour, your tour guide, with your consent, may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) and these may be posted on our website and/or brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
In the highly unlikely event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against Old Pulteney Distillery Visitor Center, please inform the tour guide that you intend to make a formal complaint.
If the matter cannot be resolved immediately, or during your trip, despite the tourist guide’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to email@example.com as soon as is reasonably possible your complaint will be investigated and you will receive a reply within 21 days. Old Pulteney Distillery Visitor Centre will not consider any claims after the elapsing of this 30-day notice period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
No Smoking Policy
We do not permit smoking on Old Pulteney Distillery grounds.
We take great care with personal information that is provided to us online ensuring it is used only for stated purposes. We do not pass either your email address or personal details on to any third party.
Address: Pulteney Distillery, Huddart Street, Wick, Caithness, KW1 5BA
Owner: Inver House Distillers Ltd.
Phone: +44 (0)1955 602371